MEET OUR COUNSELORS....
MYP Years 1 & 2
MYP Years 1 & 3
Call 956-618-6098 to reach the McAllen ISD Counseling Department for any questions or concerns.
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri. 8 AM - 4 PM.
Any calls after Fri. 4 PM will be followed up on Monday.
Call 911 for emergencies.
Para preguntas o inquietudes llame a nuestro Departamento de Consejeria al 956-618-6098.
Horas de trabajo: lunes a viernes 8 AM a 4 PM.
Toda llamada recibida despues de las 4 PM del dia viernes sera atentida el proximo lunes.
Llame al 911 para emergencias.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Did you know that April is the Month of the Military Child? Do you have immediate family members that serve in the Armed Forces? If so please email your family pictures with your name and their branch of service to Michelle.Alanis@mcallenisd.net or Aissa.Trevino@mcallenisd.net so we can feature your family this month on our website!
The mission of the counseling and guidance program in McAllen I.S.D. is to provide services and resources, in an organized way, to all students to enhance their personal/emotional, academic, social and career development.
All McAllen I.S.D. students will have a continuum of opportunities to obtain necessary knowledge and skills of decision-making, goal-setting, planning, problem-solving, cross-cultural effectiveness, communication and interpersonal effectiveness to become responsible and self-confident citizens. In order to achieve this vision, the guidance and counseling program will provide all students access to counselors for assistance with personal concerns, as well as academic and career planning.
The goals of the counseling and guidance program are:
· To provide guidance curriculum in a systematic way to all students.
· To address the immediate concerns of students in the personal/emotional, social and academic areas.
· To assist students in monitoring and understanding their own development.
· To assist all students in transitioning from school to careers.
· To engage in program development and to provide system support.
· To utilize technology to enhance the delivery of services.
Who Embraces Change?
19-20 Distance Learning Counselors' check in.
Un plan para encontrar la calma en medio de la ansiedad del coronavirus
Ways to stay calm amid the Corona Virus Anxiety (English)
For more information, visit McAllen ISD website:
2) Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (CPS)
5) McAllen ISD Police
6) Behavior Hospital at Renaissance
7) South Texas Behavioral Health Center
8) Palms Behavior Health
9) Palmer Drug Abuse Program
11) Red Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio